COMPANY: Crystal Central, LLC
POSITION: Production Artist
DETAILS: We are seeking a production artist to manage our production artwork process. Applicant should be very experienced working with Adobe Creative Suite, to create and modify page layouts, redraw/retouch logos, etc. This position is located at Scarsdale, New York. Working hour is 30 hours/week and prefer in the afternoon. It is a 3-6 month contract with multiple renewal opportunities.
- Consult with customers about their product/design needs, provide assistance & resolutions to their needs & issues.
- Create custom artwork designs/concepts based on client’s design requirements; interact with customers on the revision/approval process
- Coordinate with the production team to ensure the timely and accurate production of the final artwork
- Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design or related fields
- Must be an expert in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) with solid experience using Office applications
- Extremely detail oriented (strong follow-up and follow-through) with an creative eye for design
- Experience with awards/engraving/printing/promotional industry a plus
- Passionate about the Internet and technology
CONTACT: Daniel Xu
If you’re thinking about getting a job or internship, it’s good to do some research first. Sites like Glassdoor make this a little easier. Choose a company, location or title and see what’s out there.
Maybe it’s the change in weather (or hope for), but there were two editorials this week about the joys and perils of following your passion career-wise. I know this one is from The Onion and is meant as a joke, but this one is from the New York Times and makes very similar points. After you finish school, will art be your career or something you do in between the job that pays the bills? Think of college as job training and the skills you develop now as practice for the future. Look for a mentor, someone who has your dream job, and meet them. Ask them how they got there and make a list of what you need to do.
It’s time to start thinking about the future and you’re always thinking about the summer. Try putting those things together. InternMatch has listings for internships all over the country. See what your options are.